The Car

 


The Car


by Amelia Ott


The first few months were nice,

I had visitors twice.

Although I had to leave

Never once did I grieve.

I grew familiar with a path.

And the sound of children as they laugh.

A certain song, a certain spot,

A certain well-loved parking lot.

I've gotten up before the light

I've driven along through the night

It was a couple years that I would spend,

Until all my adventures came to an end.

Now someone else listens to their favorite song,

And drives them through the whole night long.

It hears all the words they speak,

It carries them throughout the week.

I miss that time, I must say.

But I'll keep waiting for the day,

When I can travel somewhere far,

And be another family's car.


-Amelia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaken, Not Moved

A Lamb's First Christmas