Book Review: Anne of Greene Gables



            "Anne of Green Gables" is a great classic about a young orphan named Anne. Anne is very imaginative and has the habit of sucking people in to her imaginary world. She has lots of interesting adventures, most of which teach her some valuable lessons. You'll laugh and cry along with Anne as she finds out what it's like to have a real home. 

    Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert decided to adopt an orphan, more specifically a boy; a nice sturdy one to help work out in the fields and such. Instead, they got a girl, a talkative, daydreaming redheaded girl. But over time, not only the Cuthberts, but all of Green Gables grew fond of Anne and her lively, passionate spirit.

    I loved this book for three reasons. The first reason is because of how surprisingly captivating the book was. When I first picked up the book, I did not expect that I would have a hard time putting it down, yet I was pleasantly surprised. I found that while I was busy I couldn't wait until I was done so I could keep reading The second reason I love this book is because of the wonderful lessons the book provides. Almost every time Anne gets into any trouble, she learns something valuable from the experience. For example, one of the lessons she learned was not to let her wild imagination "run away" with her. I personally have had that problem, which brings me to reason number three. I can relate a lot to Anne, at least in the daydreaming. I love how the author makes Anne so realistic, which makes her pretty relatable.

    Anne of Green Gables is an older book, so naturally it uses different wording and has a one-of-a-kind feel. According to Common Sense Media, Anne of Green Gables is a seventh grader read, although it is a great book for all ages. I would definitely recommended this for kids that enjoy the Betsy-Tacey series.                                                     

     Overall, I really enjoyed this book; especially because I don't usually enjoy reading older novels. I wouldn't normally pick this kind of book to read, but I'm so glad I did. For Anne of Green Gables, I would give five stars.

-Amelia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaken, Not Moved

A Lamb's First Christmas

The Car